Popular Posts

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Night One: Camping on Camp Street

Camping off of Camp Street
My first night on camp street was absolutely epic. Maybe it was just the excitement of starting something new, but I think I needed this more than I realized I did! After just a few minutes it wasn't the cold or the rain that wanted me to go back inside, but it was the desire to get on my computer and get on my phone, the two things I do every single night right before I fall asleep. Once I made the realization that I didn't need to do anything right away, and that between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am nothing was going to change, I was able to freely let go and honestly just rest!

The Art of Silence
To be honest the epicness really didn't come from something, but actually out of nothing...silence. After reading and saying a few prayers I turned off my LED flashlight and just sat in complete silence with God. This may seem crazy but somehow silence outside is more intimate than silence inside. The sound of the wind, the trees, the occasional police siren...it just brings me to a natural state of relaxation and the ability to just be sill and know that He is God. Although I wasn't saying or doing anything a great sense of fulfillment came over me. It made me even more excited to see what God has in store for the days ahead. I will be in Arizona in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment